Visitors to Skelmersdale are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and bars. Top sights around the area include DW Stadium, Wigan Pier and Croxteth Hall and Country Park.
- You'll find 672 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Liverpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 24.4 mi (39.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Skelmersdale
A favourite place to visit in the city is Beacon Park Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find DW Stadium and Wigan Pier.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Skelmersdale. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holland Hall Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Upholland can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit around the area include Croxteth Hall and Country Park, 9.6 mi/15.5 km from the city centre, and Macron Stadium, which is 9.6 mi (15.5 km) away.
Getting around Skelmersdale
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Parbold Station or Upholland Station. Skelmersdale might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Skelmersdale
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Skelmersdale gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C