Visitors can enjoy all that Croston has to offer including its restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. DW Stadium, Wigan Pier and Macron Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 1295 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 29 mi (46.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Croston
Notable places to visit in the larger region include DW Stadium, Wigan Pier and Macron Stadium. Additionally, in the area you'll find Blackpool Tower and Croxteth Hall and Country Park.
As you start planning your visit to Croston, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 143 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Royal Umpire Caravan Park is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of Croston. This 3-star hotel in Liverpool features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- The Liner Hotel is 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from central Croston. This 4-star hotel in Liverpool features a restaurant, free WiFi and a health club. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Titanic Hotel Liverpool is 19 mi (30.6 km) from the centre of Croston. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Blackpool can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Splash World, located 10.2 mi (16.5 km) from the city centre, and Haydock Park Racecourse, which is 13.6 mi/21.9 km away.
Getting around Croston
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Croston Station. Croston might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Croston
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Croston is 21 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C