Visitors to Leyland are sure to enjoy the restaurants, bars and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Top sights around the area include DW Stadium, Wigan Pier and Macron Stadium.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Leyland
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 24.3 mi (39.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 29.3 mi (47.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leyland
A couple of favourite places to visit are Worden Park and British Commercial Vehicle Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find DW Stadium and Wigan Pier.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Leyland. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Classic Lodges - Farington Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
Popular places to see around the area include Macron Stadium, located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Blackpool Tower, which is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away.
Getting around Leyland
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Croston Station or Leyland Station. Leyland might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Leyland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Leyland is 627.10 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C