Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Oldham, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres and art. Top sights around the area include Etihad Stadium, Heaton Park and Affleck's Palace.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Oldham
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 26.7 mi (43 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oldham
Cultural venues in the city include Saddleworth Museum, Oldham Coliseum Theatre and Gallery Oldham. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dove Stone Reservoir and Saddleworth Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Oldham. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Waggon Inn - With a stay at this 2-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and convenient parking.
- The White Hart - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. Amenities at this 4-star inn include 2 restaurants and free WiFi.
- Best Western Manchester Oldham Smokies Park Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Etihad Stadium, 8.3 mi/13.3 km from the city centre, and Heaton Park, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Getting around Oldham
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Oldham is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Shaw and Crompton Tram Stop, Derker Tram Stop and Oldham Mumps Tram Stop. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Manchester Greenfield Station.
Dressing for Oldham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 867 millimetres of rain falls on Oldham each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C