Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Stockport, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and rivers. Around the area, top sights include Whitworth Art Gallery, O2 Apollo Manchester and Manchester Museum.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodation options in Stockport
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 31 mi (49.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stockport
The picturesque setting of Lyme Park and Etherow Country Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Stockport Golf Club and Hazel Grove Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 40 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Stockport. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Stockport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- Alma Lodge Hotel & Restaurant - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Wycliffe Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Whitworth Art Gallery, 7.1 mi/11.5 km from the city centre, and O2 Apollo Manchester, which is 7.5 mi (12 km) away.
Getting around Stockport
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Manchester Hazel Grove Station, Manchester Woodsmoor Station or Manchester Rose Hill Station. Stockport might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stockport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 858.30 millimetres of rain falls on Stockport each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C