Families will find kid-friendly activities in Altrincham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Trafford Centre, Old Trafford and Imperial War Museum North.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Altrincham
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 20.7 mi (33.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Altrincham
A favourite place to visit in the city is Dunham Massey Hall and Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Trafford Centre and Old Trafford.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Altrincham. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- THE BULLS HEAD HOTEL - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Trafford can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its quiet location and quiet rooms.
- Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel - Our customers like the bar and central location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Trafford can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- OAKCROFT MANCHESTER AIRPORT GUESTHOUSE - This 3.5-star guesthouse in Trafford features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Popular places to see outside the city include Imperial War Museum North, 6.8 mi/10.9 km from the city centre, and Salford Quays, which is 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away.
Getting around Altrincham
With so many ways to get around, exploring Altrincham is easy. Nearby metro stations include Altrincham Interchange Station, Navigation Road Station and Timperley Tram Stop. If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Manchester Hale Station, Manchester Altrincham Interchange Station or Manchester Navigation Road Station.
Dressing for Altrincham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Altrincham is 867 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C