Visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene in Warrington, which is also known for its entertainment and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Norton Priory Museum, Wigan Pier and DW Stadium.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Warrington
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Warrington
The city's cultural venues include Pyramid and Parr Hall and Warrington Museum & Art Gallery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gullivers Kingdom Theme Park and Golden Square Shopping Center.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 30 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Warrington. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Partridge - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- The Park Royal - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Pentahotel Warrington - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Norton Priory Museum, 4.7 mi/7.6 km from the city centre, and Wigan Pier, which is 10.7 mi (17.3 km) away.
Getting around Warrington
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Warrington Central Station, Warrington Bank Quay Station or Padgate Station. Warrington might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Warrington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Warrington gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C