Travellers to Knutsford give high marks for the relaxing spas, lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its golf courses, entertainment and lakeside setting. Top sights around the area include Trafford Centre, Old Trafford and Imperial War Museum North.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Knutsford
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 6.2 mi (9.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Knutsford
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Tatton Park. Golfing is a top activity, and Mere Golf & Country Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gauntlet Birds of Prey and Tabley House.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Knutsford. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Pickmere Country House - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Mere Golf Resort & Spa - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- The Golden Pheasant - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include Trafford Centre, located 11.3 mi (18.3 km) from the city centre, and Old Trafford, which is 11.7 mi/18.8 km away.
Getting around Knutsford
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Knutsford Station, Plumley Station or Mobberley Station. Knutsford might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Knutsford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Knutsford is 867 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C