Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Wilmslow, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, spas and gardens. Around the area, top sights include Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester Museum and Old Trafford.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Wilmslow
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 25.5 mi (41.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilmslow
A favourite place to visit in the city is Quarry Bank Mill and Styal Estate. Additionally, in the area you'll find Whitworth Art Gallery and Manchester Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Wilmslow. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Wilmslow Lodge - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Stanneylands - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Old Trafford, 9.2 mi/14.7 km from the city centre, and O2 Apollo Manchester, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Getting around Wilmslow
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wilmslow Station, Styal Station or Handforth Station. Wilmslow might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Wilmslow
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Wilmslow gets about 867 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C