Search Hotels in Ashton-under-Lyne
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Oct 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ashton-under-Lyne, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city will delight tourists with its bars, sporting events and cafes. Etihad Stadium, O2 Apollo Manchester and Affleck's Palace are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Ashton-under-Lyne
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 30.3 mi (48.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ashton-under-Lyne
A favourite place to visit in the city is Portland Basin Museum. In the area, you'll also find Etihad Stadium and O2 Apollo Manchester.
This is a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Village Hotel Manchester Ashton - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Affleck's Palace, 6.8 mi/11 km from the city centre, and Piccadilly Gardens, which is 6.9 mi/11.1 km away.
Getting around Ashton-under-Lyne
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Ashton-under-Lyne is a breeze. Local metro stations include Ashton-under-Lyne Tram Stop and Ashton West Tram Stop. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Manchester Ashton-under-Lyne Station, Manchester Mossley Station or Manchester Guide Bridge Station.
Dressing for Ashton-under-Lyne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Ashton-under-Lyne gets about 867 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Ashton-under-Lyne?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Ashton-under-Lyne, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Ashton-under-Lyne?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Ashton-under-Lyne?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Ashton-under-Lyne?
What are some hotels with pools in Ashton-under-Lyne?
Ashton-under-Lyne Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Ashton-under-Lyne by Star Rating
- Hotels near Ashton-under-Lyne Airports
- Accommodation near Ashton-under-Lyne Attractions
- More accommodation types in Ashton-under-Lyne
- Choose Your Ashton-under-Lyne Hotel Style
- Search Ashton-under-Lyne Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Ashton-under-Lyne
- Hotels Near Ashton-under-Lyne, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends