Travellers to Macclesfield give high marks for the relaxing spas, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and countryside, this city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester Museum and O2 Apollo Manchester.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Macclesfield
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Macclesfield
The city is notable for landmarks like Gawsworth Hall, Adlington Hall and Capesthorne Hall. In the area, you'll also find Whitworth Art Gallery and Manchester Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Macclesfield. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Stanley Arms - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and quiet location.
- The Ryles Arms - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Champneys Mottram Hall - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Top places to visit around the area include O2 Apollo Manchester, 15 mi/24.2 km from the city centre, and Old Trafford, which is 15.5 mi (25 km) away.
Getting around Macclesfield
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Macclesfield Station, Prestbury Station or Adlington Station. Macclesfield might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Macclesfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Macclesfield gets about 867 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C