Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bolton, and visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, aquarium and theatres. Macron Stadium, Heaton Park and Trafford Centre are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Bolton
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bolton
Cultural venues in the city include Bolton Albert Halls, Octagon Theatre and Bolton Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Fred Dibnah Heritage Centre, Hall i’th’ Wood Museum and Smithills Hall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Macron Stadium and Grosvenor Casino Bolton.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Bolton. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Highgrove Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its room size.
- Last Drop Village Hotel and Spa - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Bolton Whites - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include Heaton Park, 7.7 mi/12.5 km from the heart of the city, and Trafford Centre, which is 8.5 mi (13.6 km) away.
Getting around Bolton
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Manchester Bolton Station, Bolton Station or Manchester Hall-I-th-Wood Station. Bolton may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Bolton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 867 millimetres of rain falls on Bolton each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C