Families will find kid-friendly activities in Xpu-Ha, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and entertainment choices. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Xpu-ha Beach, Akumal Beach and Xcaret Eco Theme Park.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Xpu-Ha
- The closest major airport is in Cozumel, Quintana Roo (CZM-Cozumel Intl.), 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cancun, Quintana Roo (CUN-Cancun Intl.), 45.9 mi (73.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Xpu-Ha
Favourite family attractions include Ecopark Kantun Chi and Bel Air Animal Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Xpu-ha Beach. Snorkelling is just one of the top activities, while Cenote Cristalino and Chikinha Cenote are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Xpu-Ha. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Esencia - This 4.5-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and 3 restaurants. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Serenity Eco Luxury Tented Camp by Xperience Hotels - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
- Barceló Maya Colonial - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to see around the area include Akumal Beach, 7.3 mi/11.8 km from the city centre, and Xcaret Eco Theme Park, which is 11.2 mi/18 km away.
Dressing for Xpu-Ha
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 20°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 20°C
- Average annual rainfall for Xpu-Ha is 1144.80 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 20°C