Travellers to Cozumel give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include San Gervasio, Paradise Beach and Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park.
- There are 322 hotels and other accommodation options in Cozumel
- The closest major airport is in Cozumel, Quintana Roo (CZM-Cozumel Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cozumel
The city's cultural venues include Museo de la Isla de Cozumel and Cozumel Museum. Attractions like Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park, Dolphinaris and Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like San Gervasio, San Miguel Church and Central Plaza.
In San Miguel, you'll find 322 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Casita de Maya Boutique Hotel - This 3-star inn in Colonia Emiliano Zapata features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Cozumel Palace All Inclusive - Our customers love the family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms at this resort. This 4-star resort in Colonos Cuzamil features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and 4 restaurants.
- Casa del Solar Centro Cozumel - This 2-star guesthouse in Colonia Centro features free WiFi and a terrace. Expedia customers love its overall value and clean rooms.
Other favourite sights in Cozumel include Paradise Beach, Chankanaab National Park and Mr. Sancho's Beach Club. Top places to see in the area include Playa del Carmen Main Beach, located 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the city centre, and Playa del Carmen Maritime Terminal, which is 16.6 mi (26.7 km) away.
Dressing for Cozumel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 20°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 20°C
- About 42 millimetres of rain falls on Cozumel each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 20°C