Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 27 Oct 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Sudbury, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its spas and riverfront. Around the area, top sights include Colchester Zoo, Chelmsford City Racecourse and Chantry Park.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Sudbury
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 24.3 mi (39 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sudbury
Cultural venues in the city include Gainsborough's House, Long Melford Heritage Centre and Kentwell Hall. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Melford Hall, Holy Trinity Church, and Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Clare Castle Country Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sudbury. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Case Restaurant with Rooms - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The Swan Hotel - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- The Black Lion, Long Melford - This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Colchester Zoo, 15.4 mi/24.7 km from the city centre, and Chelmsford City Racecourse, which is 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away.
Getting around Sudbury
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Sudbury Station. Sudbury may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sudbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Sudbury each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sudbury?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sudbury, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Sudbury?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Sudbury?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Sudbury?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Sudbury?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Sudbury?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Sudbury?
Where's the best place to stay in Sudbury to absorb the local history?
Sudbury Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Sudbury by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sudbury Airports
- Accommodation near Sudbury Attractions
- More accommodation types in Sudbury
- Choose Your Sudbury Hotel Style
- Search Sudbury Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Sudbury
- Hotels Near Sudbury, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends