Search Hotels in Saffron Walden
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 14 Sep 2020
Visiting Saffron Walden
Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Saffron Walden, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and coffee shops. Around the area, top sights include Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, Church of St Mary the Great and Audley End House.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Saffron Walden
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 14 mi (22.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saffron Walden
Cultural venues in the city include Saffron Walden Museum, Fry Art Gallery and Ashdon Village Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Audley End House, Market Square and Church of St. Mary. The picturesque setting of The Common and Bridge End Gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Saffron Walden. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Red Lion Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Cricketers Arms - Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Crown House Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and 3 bars. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, located 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city centre, and Church of St Mary the Great, which is 14.4 mi/23.2 km away.
Getting around Saffron Walden
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Saffron Walden Audley End Station, Saffron Walden Newport Station or Saffron Walden Great Chesterford Station. Saffron Walden may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Saffron Walden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Saffron Walden each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Saffron Walden?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Saffron Walden, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Saffron Walden?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Saffron Walden?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Saffron Walden?
Saffron Walden Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Saffron Walden by Star Rating
- Hotels near Saffron Walden Airports
- Accommodation near Saffron Walden Attractions
- More accommodation types in Saffron Walden
- Choose Your Saffron Walden Hotel Style
- Search Saffron Walden Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Saffron Walden
- Hotels Near Saffron Walden, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends