Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Stansted, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, sporting events and spas. Around the area, top sights include Kelvedon Hatch, Audley End House and Imperial War Museum Duxford.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Stansted
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 21.3 mi (34.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stansted
A couple of favourite places to visit are Mountfitchet Castle and House on the Hill Toy Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Kelvedon Hatch and Audley End House.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Stansted. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Linden House Stansted - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hampton by Hilton London Stansted Airport - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Novotel London Stansted Airport - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see around the area include Imperial War Museum Duxford, 13.7 mi/22.1 km from the city centre, and Chelmsford City Racecourse, which is 14 mi/22.5 km away.
Getting around Stansted
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Stansted Mountfitchet Station. Stansted might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stansted
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 659.10 millimetres of rain falls on Stansted each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C