Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Dunmow, which is also known for its bars and churches. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Kelvedon Hatch, Chelmsford City Racecourse and Audley End House are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Dunmow
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunmow
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Kelvedon Hatch, Chelmsford City Racecourse and Audley End House. Additionally, you'll find Imperial War Museum Duxford in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Dunmow. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Swan Inn Felsted - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Blatches Farm - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Stables at The Starr Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Colchester Zoo, 20.5 mi/32.9 km from the heart of the city, and Paradise Wildlife Park, which is 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away.
Dressing for Dunmow
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Dunmow gets about 659.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C