Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Chelmsford are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, gardens and monuments. Kelvedon Hatch, Southend Pier and Colchester Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodation options in Chelmsford
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (SEN-Southend), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chelmsford
The city is notable for landmarks like Hylands House and Park, Chelmsford Cathedral and Leez Priory Wedding Venue. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chelmsford City Racecourse and Bond Street.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Chelmsford. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Channels Lodge - This 4-star hotel features a golf course, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Compasses Inn - Our customers love the proximity to the airport and quiet rooms at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Pontlands Park - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Kelvedon Hatch, located 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city centre, and Southend Pier, which is 17.4 mi (28 km) away.
Getting around Chelmsford
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Chelmsford Station, Wickford Hatfield Peverel Station or Chelmsford South Woodham Ferrers Station. Chelmsford may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chelmsford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Chelmsford gets about 22 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Chelmsford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chelmsford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Chelmsford?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Chelmsford?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Chelmsford?
What are some hotels with pools in Chelmsford?
Chelmsford Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Chelmsford by Star Rating
- Hotels near Chelmsford Airports
- Accommodation near Chelmsford Attractions
- More accommodation types in Chelmsford
- Choose Your Chelmsford Hotel Style
- Search Chelmsford Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Chelmsford
- Hotels Near Chelmsford, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends