Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Basildon, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the lakeside setting and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, football games and parks. Around the area, top sights include Lakeside Shopping Centre, Kelvedon Hatch and Southend Pier.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Basildon
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Basildon
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Wat Tyler Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Festival Leisure Park and Eastgate Shopping Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Basildon. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Basildon - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, a bar and parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- Campanile restaurant BASILDON - East of London - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Lakeside Shopping Centre, 9.4 mi/15.2 km from the heart of the city, and Kelvedon Hatch, which is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) away.
Getting around Basildon
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Basildon Station, Basildon Laindon Station or Basildon Pitsea Station. Basildon may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Basildon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 697 millimetres of rain falls on Basildon each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C