Search Hotels in Gravesend
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 25 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Gravesend are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and bars. The welcoming and cosy setting also entices those visiting the city. Bluewater Shopping Centre, Rochester Castle and Rochester Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Gravesend
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (SEN-Southend), 18.1 mi (29.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gravesend
The city is notable for landmarks like Gravesend Gurdwara, Cold War Bunker and Pocahontas Statue. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and such places to visit as Shorne Woods Country Park and Trosley Country Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kent Cyclopark and Gravesend Town Pier.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 25 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Gravesend. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Spring River by Marston's Inns - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- The Granby Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Best Western Manor Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Bluewater Shopping Centre, 5.2 mi/8.4 km from the heart of the city, and Rochester Castle, which is 5.5 mi (8.9 km) away.
Getting around Gravesend
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Gravesend Sole Street Station, Gravesend Meopham Station or Gravesend Station. Gravesend may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Gravesend
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Gravesend each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Gravesend?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gravesend, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Gravesend?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Gravesend?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Gravesend?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Gravesend?
Gravesend Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Gravesend by Star Rating
- Hotels near Gravesend Airports
- Accommodation near Gravesend Attractions
- More accommodation types in Gravesend
- Choose Your Gravesend Hotel Style
- Search Gravesend Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Gravesend
- Hotels Near Gravesend, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends