Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dartford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, bars and spas. Around the area, top sights include Bluewater Shopping Centre, Lakeside Shopping Centre and Victoria Road Stadium.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Dartford
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (SEN-Southend), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dartford
The city's cultural venues include Orchard Theatre and Dartford Borough Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Crayford Greyhound Track and Birchwood Park Golf Centre.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Dartford. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- The Royal Victoria & Bull Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
- Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Bluewater Shopping Centre, 2.4 mi/3.8 km from the heart of the city, and Lakeside Shopping Centre, which is 4.2 mi (6.7 km) away.
Getting around Dartford
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Dartford Station or Dartford Crayford Station. Dartford may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Dartford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Dartford gets about 591.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C