Visitors to Maldon are sure to enjoy the golf courses, spas and restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Colchester Zoo, Southend Pier and Chelmsford City Racecourse.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Maldon
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maldon
Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Warren Golf Club and Forrester Park Golf Club are sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Museum of Power to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Maldon. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Le Bouchon Brasserie & Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The Blue Boar Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Jolly sailor - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a terrace and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Colchester Zoo, 9.2 mi/14.8 km from the city centre, and Southend Pier, which is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) away.
Dressing for Maldon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Maldon gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C