Visiting Bishop's Stortford
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Bishop's Stortford, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene, top-notch restaurants and abundant coffee shops. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and walkable setting. Around the area, top sights include Kelvedon Hatch, Audley End House and Chelmsford City Racecourse.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodation options in Bishop's Stortford
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 2.6 mi (4.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bishop's Stortford
Favourite places to visit in the city include Bishop's Stortford Golf Club, Rhodes Arts Complex and Hatfield Forest. Additionally, in the area you'll find Kelvedon Hatch and Audley End House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Bishop's Stortford. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Latchmead - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and valet parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Little Bullocks Farm - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and laundry facilities, along with an in-room coffee machine.
- The Cottage Guest House - Amenities at this 3.5-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Chelmsford City Racecourse, 13.3 mi/21.5 km from the heart of the city, and Paradise Wildlife Park, which is 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away.
Getting around Bishop's Stortford
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bishops Stortford Station, Stansted Airport Station or Bishop's Stortford Elsenham Station. Bishop's Stortford may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Bishop's Stortford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Bishop's Stortford each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C