Visitors can enjoy all that Frinton-on-Sea has to offer including the seaside, shopping and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, restaurants and theatres. Colchester Zoo, Ipswich Waterfront and Chantry Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Frinton-on-Sea
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 41.2 mi (66.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Frinton-on-Sea
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Colchester Zoo, Ipswich Waterfront and Chantry Park. You'll also find Clacton Pier and St. Osyth Beach in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Frinton-on-Sea, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city centre but you'll find 77 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- The Old Surgery B&B is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city centre. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Frinton-on-Sea features free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
- Just off the Seafront Quiet and Peaceful 2 Bedroom Ground Floor Retreat is 1.3 mi (2.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star inn in Clacton-on-Sea can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Smugglers Cove by Marston's Inns is located within 4.2 mi (6.7 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Clacton-on-Sea can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Getting around Frinton-on-Sea
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Frinton-on-Sea Kirby Cross Station or Frinton-On-Sea Station. Frinton-on-Sea might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Frinton-on-Sea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Frinton-on-Sea is 21 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C