Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 8 Aug 2020
Visiting Long Melford
History buffs will enjoy exploring Long Melford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. A top sight in the area is Colchester Zoo.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Long Melford
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Melford
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Melford Hall and Holy Trinity Church. Additionally, you might want to add Long Melford Heritage Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Long Melford. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Black Lion, Long Melford - This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- The Bull Hotel Long Melford by Greene King Inns - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The George and Dragon Hotel - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
A popular place to see outside the city is Colchester Zoo, 15.7 mi/25.3 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Long Melford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Long Melford each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Long Melford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Long Melford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for families in Long Melford?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Long Melford?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Long Melford?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Long Melford?
Where's the best place to stay in Long Melford to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Long Melford?
Long Melford Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Long Melford by Star Rating
- Hotels near Long Melford Airports
- Accommodation near Long Melford Attractions
- More accommodation types in Long Melford
- Choose Your Long Melford Hotel Style
- Search Long Melford Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Long Melford
- Hotels Near Long Melford, Sudbury
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends