Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 7 Oct 2020
Pocket Guide: Eye
Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Eye, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants and bars. Welcoming and cosy, this countryside city will also delight visitors with its horseback riding, coffeehouses and gardens.
- There are 5 Eye hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Norwich (NWI-Norwich Intl.), 26.4 mi (42.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Eye
- Horseback riding is a top activity, and Blakenham Woodland Garden is a great place to visit
- Known for its live music scene, whereas The 95th Bomb Group Hospital Museum, Cotton Mechanical Music Museum, and Helmingham Hall are some local cultural sights
- Popular family attractions include Bressingham Steam and Gardens, Suffolk Owl Sanctuary, and Banham Zoo
- The countryside and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and Harleston Recreation Park, Brooke House, and Oasis Camel Park are several places worth visiting
Staying in EyeYou may appreciate one of these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Bull Auberge
- The White Horse Inn
Bull Auberge, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.8 out of 5 user rating. Also The White Horse Inn has a 4.3 rating by guests.
Dressing for Eye
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the nighttime average
- Eye gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year