Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Chetumal, which is also known for its shopping and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Mahahual Beach, Costa Maya Port and Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve.
- There are 164 hotels and other accommodation options in Chetumal
- The closest major airport is in Chetumal, Quintana Roo (CTM-Chetumal Intl.), 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Corozal (CZH), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chetumal
The city's cultural venues include Museum of Maya Culture and Lighthouse Museum. Attractions like Manatee Sanctuary, Dolphin Discovery and Santuario del Manati are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort of San Felipe, Mahahual Lighthouse and Fisherman's Fountain.
In Bacalar, you'll find 164 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Rancho Encantado - With a stay at this 2.5-star ranch, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private balcony. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Explorean Kohunlich - All Inclusive - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Sun ha Bacalar - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Centro can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its location.
Other favourite sights in Chetumal include Mahahual Beach, Costa Maya Port and Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve. Popular places to see in the area include Cerros, 11.9 mi/19.2 km from the city centre, and Lake Bacalar, which is 16.7 mi/26.9 km away.
Dressing for Chetumal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 19°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Chetumal is 973 millimetres
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°C