Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 13 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 29 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 26 Oct 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Presteigne has to offer including the gardens, festivals and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, bars and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Hay Castle and Ludlow Castle. In Presteigne, there are 11 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Presteigne
Notable city landmarks like The Warden Castle Ruins and Church of St Andrew might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Judge's Lodging and The Spaceguard Centre.
As you start planning your visit to Presteigne, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 86 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Court Cottage is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the heart of Presteigne. This 4-star bed & breakfast in Presteigne features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travellers love its breakfast.
- Rock Cottage is 3 mi (4.9 km) from central Presteigne. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Ludlow can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Old Vicarage is 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from the centre of Presteigne. This 3-star hotel in Hereford features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
Top places to see outside the city include Hay Castle, 12.3 mi/19.8 km from the heart of the city, and Ludlow Castle, which is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) away.
Dressing for Presteigne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Presteigne gets about 654.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Presteigne?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Presteigne, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Presteigne?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Presteigne?
What's the best hotel in Presteigne to learn about local history?
Presteigne Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Presteigne by Star Rating
- Hotels near Presteigne Airports
- Accommodation near Presteigne Attractions
- More accommodation types in Presteigne
- Choose Your Presteigne Hotel Style
- Search Presteigne Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Presteigne
- Hotels Near Presteigne, Wales
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends