Visitors to Rhayader are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, jazz scene and coffee shops. A top sight in the area is Royal Welsh Showground. In Rhayader, there are 38 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Rhayader
The city's natural beauty is on display at Elan Valley, Elan Valley Reservoirs and Gilfach Nature Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gigrin Farm Red Kite Feeding Centre and Rhayader Museum and Gallery.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Rhayader. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Elan Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Horseshoe Guest House - Our customers love the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ty Morgans Apartments - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include parking and an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Royal Welsh Showground, located 12.4 mi (20 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Rhayader
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 957 millimetres of rain falls on Rhayader each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C