Search Hotels in North London
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 20 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 4 Sep 2020
Where to stay in North London
London City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(21 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums, stunning river views and acclaimed art galleries, there's plenty to explore in London City Centre. Top attractions like Piccadilly Circus and Piccadilly Theatre are major draws. Catch the metro at Piccadilly Circus Underground Station or Green Park Underground Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,515 area reviews)
Relax in the stunning park with a view of the palace, explore the upscale high street and visit the galleries and museums of this affluent neighborhood.
Get lost in the cobblestoned labyrinth of boutiques and bars, or simply find a spot to enjoy the street performers in one of London’s most entertaining districts.
4/5Very Good!(517 area reviews)
Wander around London’s financial district in the scenic docklands with the tallest skyscrapers in the city. They are home to some of the world’s biggest companies.
Kings Cross St. Pancras
See cultural exhibits, relax in the Champagne bar and visit Platform 9 and 3/4 in this international hub that connects London to mainland Europe.
Visiting North London
History buffs will enjoy exploring North London, and visitors give high marks for the interesting architecture, fascinating museums and theatre. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its art, shopping and monuments. Top sights in the city include Emirates Stadium, Finsbury Park and ZSL London Zoo.
- There are 9239 hotels and other accommodation options in North London
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 15.2 mi (24.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North London
Known for its museums, theatres and art, the city's cultural venues include British Library, Alexandra Palace and The British Museum. Attractions like ZSL London Zoo, BT Tower and Stamford Bridge Stadium are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Russell Square, Baker Street and Oxford Circus.
In London, you'll find 9239 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ham Yard Hotel, Firmdale Hotels - This 5-star hotel in London City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia travellers love its room size and surrounding nightlife.
- The Lanesborough, an Oetker Collection Hotel - Our customers love the central location and high-quality beds at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in London City Centre features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
- Blackbird - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kensington can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other favourite sights in North London include Emirates Stadium, Finsbury Park and Regent's Park. Outside the city, popular places to see include Royal National Theatre, located 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city centre, and Tate Modern, which is 3.7 mi (6 km) away.
Getting around North London
With so many transport options, exploring all of North London is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Archway Underground Station, Tufnell Park Underground Station and Holloway Road Underground Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from London Upper Holloway Station, London Crouch Hill Station or London Finsbury Park Station.
Dressing for North London
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on North London each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C
More trip options
- Hotels in North London by Star Rating
- Hotels near North London Airports
- Areas of North London
- Accommodation near North London Attractions
- More accommodation types in North London
- Choose Your North London Hotel Style
- Search North London Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in North London
- Hotels Near North London, London
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends