Search Hotels in London
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Sep 2020
Where to stay in London
London City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(21 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums, stunning river views and acclaimed art galleries, there's plenty to explore in London City Centre. Top attractions like Piccadilly Circus and Piccadilly Theatre are major draws. Catch the metro at Piccadilly Circus Underground Station or Green Park Underground Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,515 area reviews)
Relax in the stunning park with a view of the palace, explore the upscale high street and visit the galleries and museums of this affluent neighborhood.
Get lost in the cobblestoned labyrinth of boutiques and bars, or simply find a spot to enjoy the street performers in one of London’s most entertaining districts.
4/5Very Good!(517 area reviews)
Wander around London’s financial district in the scenic docklands with the tallest skyscrapers in the city. They are home to some of the world’s biggest companies.
Kings Cross St. Pancras
See cultural exhibits, relax in the Champagne bar and visit Platform 9 and 3/4 in this international hub that connects London to mainland Europe.
History buffs will enjoy exploring London, and visitors give high marks for the theatre, fascinating museums and interesting architecture. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its art, monuments and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Nelson's Column, Trafalgar Square and National Gallery.
- There are 11797 hotels and other accommodation options in London
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in London
Known for its theatres, museums and art, the city's cultural venues include National Gallery, London Coliseum and Her Majesty's Theatre. Attractions like Coca-Cola London Eye, Sea Life London Aquarium and BT Tower are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Nelson's Column, Trafalgar Square and St. Martin-in-the-Fields.
In Croydon, you'll find 11797 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Croham Park Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Croham features free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Parklands B&B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast is a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Ham Yard Hotel, Firmdale Hotels - This 5-star hotel in London City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers love its room size and surrounding nightlife.
Other favourite sights in London include Leicester Square, The Strand and Piccadilly Circus. Outside the city, popular places to see include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, 17.6 mi/28.4 km from the heart of the city, and Bluewater Shopping Centre, which is 17.8 mi (28.6 km) away.
Getting around London
With so many transport options, exploring all of London is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Charing Cross Underground Station, Embankment Station and Leicester Square Underground Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from London Charing Cross Station, London Waterloo Station or London Waterloo East Station.
Dressing for London
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 591.80 millimetres of rain falls on London each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in London?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in London, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in London?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to London?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to London?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in London?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in London?
What's the best luxury hotel in London?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in London?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in London?
What's the best accommodation in London to absorb the local history?
London Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in London by Star Rating
- Hotels near London Airports
- Areas of London
- Accommodation near London Attractions
- More accommodation types in London
- Choose Your London Hotel Style
- Search London Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in London
- Hotels Near London, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends