Hotels in Manchester, United Kingdom
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 14 Sep 2020
Where to stay in Manchester
Manchester City Centre
4/5Very Good!(2,171 area reviews)
Known for its fantastic nightlife and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Manchester City Centre. Check out top attractions like The Gay Village and Manchester Palace Theatre, and jump on the metro at St Peters Square Station or Mosley Street Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(353 area reviews)
Taste craft beers and stroll down the lively streets of this alternative district, noticing the vinyl record stores, street art and indie fashion boutiques.
4/5Very Good!(539 area reviews)
Consider a visit to Trafford Centre and take some time to enjoy the abundant dining options during your time in Trafford. If you want to see more of the city, jump on the metro at Brooklands Tram Stop or Timperley Tram Stop.
You'll enjoy the restaurants and museums in Spinningfields. You might want to make time for a stop at Manchester Opera House or Deansgate.
Travellers choose Old Trafford for its abundant dining options. Hop aboard the metro at Trafford Bar Tram Stop or Old Trafford Tram Stop and check out top sights like Old Trafford.
Travellers to Manchester give high marks for the theatre, shopping and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, restaurants and bars. Top sights in the city include Albert Square, Manchester Art Gallery and Manchester Central (GMEX).
- There are 557 hotels and other accommodation options in Manchester
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 27 mi (43.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manchester
Known for its theatres, museums and art, the city's cultural venues include Manchester Art Gallery, Manchester Opera House and Bridgewater Hall. Attractions like Legoland Discovery Centre, Chill FactorE and Airkix Indoor Skydiving are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Albert Square, Manchester Cathedral and Castlefield Roman Fort.
In Salford, you'll find 557 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Eleven Didsbury Park - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Didsbury can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Dakota Manchester - Our customers like the location and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Manchester City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Velvet Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Manchester City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other favourite sights in Manchester include Manchester Central (GMEX), Piccadilly Gardens and People's History Museum. Outside the city, popular places to see include Salford Quays, 1.9 mi/3.1 km from the city centre, and Macron Stadium, which is 13.7 mi/22.1 km away.
Getting around Manchester
With so many transport options, exploring Manchester is easy. Take advantage of metro transport at St Peters Square Station, Mosley Street Station and Market Street Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Manchester Oxford Road Station, Manchester Manchester Oxford Road Station or Manchester Deansgate Station.
Dressing for Manchester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 867 millimetres of rain falls on Manchester each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Manchester?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Manchester, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Manchester?
What's the best place to stay for families in Manchester?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Manchester?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Manchester?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Manchester?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Manchester?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Manchester?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Manchester?
Manchester Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Manchester by Star Rating
- Hotels near Manchester Airports
- Areas of Manchester
- Accommodation near Manchester Attractions
- More accommodation types in Manchester
- Choose Your Manchester Hotel Style
- Search Manchester Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Manchester
- Hotels Near Manchester, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends