Search Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 10 Dec 2019
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Stoke-on-Trent, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theme park and theatres. Top sights in the city include Alton Towers and Trentham Gardens.
- There are 116 hotels and other accommodation options in Stoke-on-Trent
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 35.4 mi (57 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stoke-on-Trent
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include Regent Theatre, The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery and Gladstone Pottery Museum. Attractions like Alton Towers, Trentham Monkey Forest and Biddulph Grange Garden are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural beauty is on display at Trentham Gardens, Parkhall Country Park and Kingsley Bird & Falconry Centre.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Chatsworth House, 27.2 mi/43.8 km from the city centre, and Uttoxeter Racecourse, which is 16.2 mi (26.1 km) away.
Getting around Stoke-on-Trent
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Stoke-On-Trent Station, Longport Station or Longton Station. Stoke-on-Trent may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stoke-on-Trent
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 858.30 millimetres of rain falls on Stoke-on-Trent each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Stoke-on-Trent?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Stoke-on-Trent, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Stoke-on-Trent?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Stoke-on-Trent?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Stoke-on-Trent?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Stoke-on-Trent?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Stoke-on-Trent?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Stoke-on-Trent?
Stoke-on-Trent Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent by Star Rating
- Hotels near Stoke-on-Trent Airports
- Accommodation near Stoke-on-Trent Attractions
- More accommodation types in Stoke-on-Trent
- Choose Your Stoke-on-Trent Hotel Style
- Search Stoke-on-Trent Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
- Hotels Near Stoke-on-Trent, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends