Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Newcastle-Under-Lyme, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars, university setting and sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Alton Towers and Trentham Gardens.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Newcastle-Under-Lyme
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Newcastle-Under-Lyme
University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Keele University and Royal Stoke University Hospital. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Loomer Road Stadium and Dorothy Clive Garden.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clayhanger Guest House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Slaters Country Inn - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Borough Arms Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Alton Towers, 16 mi/25.8 km from the city centre, and Trentham Gardens, which is 3.5 mi (5.6 km) away.
Dressing for Newcastle-Under-Lyme
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 867 millimetres of rain falls on Newcastle-Under-Lyme each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C