Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Crewe, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its spas and cafes. Norton Priory Museum, Oulton Park Circuit and Trentham Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodation options in Crewe
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 23.8 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crewe
Favourite places to visit in the city include Cranage Village Hall, Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre and Alexandra Stadium. Additionally, in the area you'll find Norton Priory Museum and Oulton Park Circuit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Crewe. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bridge Farm Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Vicarage Freehouse & Rooms - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- De Vere Cranage Estate - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Top places to visit outside the city include Trafford Centre, 25.7 mi/41.3 km from the heart of the city, and Old Trafford, which is 26 mi (41.8 km) away.
Getting around Crewe
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Crewe Station, Holmes Chapel Station or Goostrey Station. Crewe may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Crewe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Crewe gets about 867 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C