Visiting Holmes Chapel
Visitors to Holmes Chapel are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral and spas. Around the area, top sights include Norton Priory Museum, Tatton Park and Oulton Park Circuit.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Holmes Chapel
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 22.5 mi (36.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Holmes Chapel
A favourite place to visit in the city is Cranage Village Hall. In the area, you'll also find Norton Priory Museum and Tatton Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Holmes Chapel, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 117 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- The Vicarage Freehouse & Rooms is located in central Holmes Chapel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Crewe can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- De Vere Cranage Estate is located in the heart of Holmes Chapel. This 4-star hotel in Crewe features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and breakfast.
Top places to see around the area include Oulton Park Circuit, located 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Delamere Forest, which is 14.1 mi (22.6 km) away.
Getting around Holmes Chapel
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Holmes Chapel Station. Holmes Chapel might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Holmes Chapel
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Holmes Chapel is 867 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C