Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Tarporley, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Around the area, top sights include Grosvenor Museum, Chester Cathedral and Chester Zoo.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Tarporley
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 15 mi (24.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarporley
Notable city landmarks like Beeston Castle and Bunbury Mill might be worth a visit. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Oulton Park Circuit, Sandstone Trail and Cotebrook Shire Horse Centre are favourite sights to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Grosvenor Museum and Chester Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Tarporley. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Royal Oak Hotel and Restaurant - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Willington Hall Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this country house. With a stay at this 4-star country house, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Swan Tarporley - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Chester Zoo, located 10.2 mi (16.5 km) from the city centre, and Norton Priory Museum, which is 13.2 mi/21.3 km away.
Dressing for Tarporley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Tarporley is 858.30 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C