Visiting Kingston Upon Thames
Travellers to Kingston Upon Thames give high marks for the beautiful gardens, lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its university setting, shopping and riverfront. Top sights around the area include Hampton Court Palace, Twickenham Stoop and Twickenham Stadium.
- You'll find 12434 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kingston Upon Thames
The gardens and rivers highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Richmond Park, Bushy Park and Wimbledon Common. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Thames Markets is a favourite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Kingston University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Kingston Upon Thames. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Queen's Head - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star inn in Tudor can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Warren House - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this country house. Guests who stay at this 4-star country house in Coombe Hill can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The White Hart Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Richmond-upon-Thames features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Hampton Court Palace, 2.4 mi/3.9 km from the heart of the city, and Twickenham Stoop, which is 3.3 mi (5.3 km) away.
Getting around Kingston Upon Thames
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kingston Upon Thames Norbiton Station, Kingston Station or Kingston Upon Thames Hampton Wick Station. Kingston Upon Thames might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kingston Upon Thames
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 591.80 millimetres of rain falls on Kingston Upon Thames each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are March and February with an average of 2°C