Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, architecture, and shopping in Richmond. Welcoming and urban, this riverfront city will also delight visitors with its bars, museums, and sporting events. Top attractions include Kew Palace and Royal Botanic Gardens.
- There are 13 Richmond hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Richmond
- Museums and art are well-known in the area, and attractions include Kew Palace, The Poppy Factory, and Ham House
- Attractions include Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew Gardens, and London Zoo
- Notable landmarks include St Peter’s Church, Richmond Green, and Richmond Palace
- The natural beauty of the riverfront is picturesque, and places to visit include Battersea Park, Kensington Gardens, and Hyde Park
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Harrods, Selfridges, and Westfield London Shopping Centre
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at O2 Arena, Olympic Stadium, or Twickenham Stadium
Richmond is adjacent to Kingston Upon Thames. Popular sights in the area include Imperial College London and Royal Albert Hall.
Getting around Richmond
With so many transportation options, seeing Richmond is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Richmond Underground Station and Kew Gardens Underground Station. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from Richmond Surrey Station, Richmond North Sheen Station, or Richmond Kew Gardens Station.
Staying in Richmond
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Richmond has 13 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 8 hotels ranging from GBP 136 to GBP 233 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Richmond Hill Hotel, averaging GBP 185.01 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- The Coach & Horses, averaging GBP 230.43/night
- Bingham, averaging GBP 290.93/night
A 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is The Coach & Horses with a 4.7 out of 5 user rating while Bingham and Richmond Hill Hotel are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Richmond
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 22°C with nighttime averages of 9°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Richmond is 587 millimetres