Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, bars, and shopping in Chester-le-Street. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and culturally rich, riverfront city can discover its sporting events, spas, and golfing.
- There are 4 Chester-le-Street hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Chester-le-Street
- Top activities include taking an adventure tour and golfing, while Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground, Pelaw Grange Greyhound Stadium, and Birtley Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Blue Reef Aquarium, Mini Moos Adventure Farm, and Adventure Valley
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Washington Old Hall, Durham Castle, and Durham Cathedral
Staying in Chester-le-Street
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Lumley Castle Hotel, averaging GBP 145.47/night
- The Lambton Worm, averaging GBP 106.56/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Lumley Castle Hotel with a 4.4 out of 5 user rating while The Lambton Worm has a 3.1 rating by guests.