Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 7 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Oct 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Plymouth, and visitors give high marks for the entertainment choices. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its seaside. A top sight in the city is Dartmoor.
- There are 170 hotels and other accommodation options in Plymouth
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 40.5 mi (65.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Plymouth
Cultural venues in the city include Elizabethan House, Plymouth Dome and Devonport Playhouse. Attractions like National Marine Aquarium and Tinside Lido are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Royal Citadel, Charles Church, and Smeaton's Tower.
Other top sights in Plymouth include Dartmoor. One of the popular sights outside the city is Blackpool Sands, 23.8 mi/38.3 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Plymouth
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Plymouth Station, Devonport Station or Dockyard Station. Plymouth might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Plymouth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Plymouth is 33 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Plymouth?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Plymouth, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Plymouth?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Plymouth?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Plymouth?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Plymouth?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Plymouth?
What's the best luxury hotel in Plymouth?
What's the best boutique hotel in Plymouth?
What's the best accommodation in Plymouth to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Plymouth?
Plymouth Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Plymouth by Star Rating
- Hotels near Plymouth Airports
- Areas of Plymouth
- Accommodation near Plymouth Attractions
- More accommodation types in Plymouth
- Choose Your Plymouth Hotel Style
- Search Plymouth Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Plymouth
- Hotels Near Plymouth, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends