Visitors to Salcombe are sure to enjoy the bars and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and museums. A top sight in the area is Blackpool Sands. In Salcombe, there are 45 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Salcombe
The city's cultural venues include Salcombe Maritime Museum and Overbecks Museum and Garden. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Gara Rock Beach, Mill Bay and Sunny Cove. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Small's Cove and Fisherman's Cove.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Salcombe. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Soar Mill Cove Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with a private patio.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Dartmoor, 25.2 mi/40.5 km from the heart of the city, and Blackpool Sands, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Dressing for Salcombe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- Salcombe gets about 959.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C