Visitors to Dartmouth are sure to enjoy the riverfront and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, golf courses and monuments. Around the area, top sights include Blackpool Sands, Princess Theatre and Babbacombe Beach.
- There are 118 hotels and other accommodation options in Dartmouth
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 27.9 mi (44.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Dartmouth
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Dartmouth Castle and Coleton Fishacre House & Gardens. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and such places to visit as Blackpool Sands and Slapton Sands. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dartmouth Museum and Compass Cove.
In Kingsbridge, you can choose from 118 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Strete Barton House - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Browns Dartmouth - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and a bar.
- Anchor House - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Top places to see outside the city include Dartmoor, 21.3 mi/34.3 km from the heart of the city, and Princess Theatre, which is 8.6 mi (13.8 km) away.
Dressing for Dartmouth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Dartmouth gets about 742.90 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C