Visitors to Totnes are sure to enjoy the bars, gardens and golf courses. Countryside and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Around the area, top sights include Dartmoor, Blackpool Sands and Princess Theatre.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodation options in Totnes
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 26.4 mi (42.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Totnes
Attractions like Woodlands Leisure Park and Woodlands Family Theme Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Totnes Castle and Totnes Elizabethan House Museum.
In Kingsbridge, there are 58 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Old Parsonage B&B - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Steam Packet Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Buckland Tout Saints Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Dartmoor, located 15.5 mi (25 km) from the heart of the city, and Blackpool Sands, which is 6.9 mi/11.1 km away.
Getting around Totnes
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Totnes Station. Totnes might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Totnes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Totnes is 33 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C