History buffs will enjoy exploring Launceston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. A top sight in the area is Tintagel Castle.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodation options in Launceston
- The closest major airport is in Newquay (NQY-Newquay Cornwall), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Launceston
The city's cultural venues include Lawrence House Museum and Daphne du Maurier's Smugglers Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Launceston Castle, Launceston Tourist Information Centre, and Trethorne Leisure Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and these places to visit: The Hidden Valley Discovery Park, Treburtle Wood and Brown Willy.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Tintagel Castle, located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city centre, and Eden Project, which is 23 mi/37 km away.
Dressing for Launceston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Launceston is 959.20 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C