Visitors to Tavistock are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and parks. A top sight in the city is Dartmoor.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodation options in Tavistock
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 33.5 mi (53.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Tavistock
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and such places to visit as Dartmoor and Brent Tor. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tavistock Golf Club and Morwellham Quay.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Tavistock. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rockmount - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Horn of Plenty - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Mary Tavy Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Tavistock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Tavistock gets about 959.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C