Families will find child-friendly activities in Chessington, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the zoo and theme park. Visitors who travel to this welcoming city can discover its safaris, entertainment and restaurants. A top attraction is Chessington World of Adventures.
- There are 2 Chessington hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Chessington
- Top activities include going on safari and adventures, whereas Wimbledon Tennis Club, Twickenham Stadium, and Dukes Meadows are great sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Royal Albert Hall, Buckingham Palace, and Tower of London
- Families come for the zoo and theme park, specifically attractions such as Chessington World of Adventures, London Dungeon, and London Eye
- Notable landmarks include Big Ben, St George’s, Bloomsbury, and St. Paul's Cathedral
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Battersea Park, and Kensington Gardens are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Westfield London Shopping Centre, Harrods and Portobello Road Market are top spots for shopping
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Wembley Stadium, Twickenham Stoop or Craven Cottage Stadium
Getting around Chessington
Chessington has many options for getting around. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Kingston Upon Thames Chessington South Station or Kingston Upon Thames Chessington North Station.
Staying in Chessington
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Chessington Safari Hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Chessington Safari Hotel with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Chessington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Chessington gets about 588 millimetres of rain per year