History buffs will enjoy a visit to Surbiton and visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and cathedrals. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and urban, riverfront city can discover its architecture, restaurants, and shopping.
- There are 3 Surbiton hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Surbiton
- Museums and art are well-known in the area, and attractions include Royal Albert Hall, Buckingham Palace, and Tower of London
- Attractions include London Dungeon, London Eye, and London Zoo
- Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks to visit include Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, and St. Paul's Cathedral
- The natural beauty of the riverfront is picturesque, and places to visit include Royal Botanic Gardens, Battersea Park, and Kensington Gardens
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Harrods, Selfridges, and Westfield London Shopping Centre
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Twickenham Stoop Stadium, Wimbledon Tennis Club, or Twickenham Stadium
Surbiton is adjacent to Kingston Upon Thames. Popular sights in the area include Imperial College London and King's College London.
Getting around Surbiton
There are plenty of options for getting around Surbiton. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from Kingston Upon Thames Surbiton Station, Surbiton Station, or Kingston Upon Thames Tolworth Station.
Staying in Surbiton
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Holiday Inn London - Kingston South, averaging GBP 189.57 per night. You might like Hotel Bosco, averaging GBP 148.81 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Bosco with a 4 out of 5 user rating while Holiday Inn London - Kingston South has a 3.9 rating by guests.
Dressing for Surbiton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Surbiton is 587 millimetres