Search Hotels in Guildford
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Guildford, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene, relaxing spas and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theatres. Top sights in the city include Loseley House and Surrey Hills.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Guildford
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guildford
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Electric Theatre and Guildford House Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Loseley House, Guildford Cathedral, and Guildford Castle. The picturesque setting of Surrey Hills and Stoke Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Guildford. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lockhurst Hatch Farm - This 4-star farm house features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Barnett Hill Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hurtwood Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Mercedes-Benz World, 9 mi/14.4 km from the heart of the city, and Brooklands Museum, which is 9.5 mi (15.2 km) away.
Getting around Guildford
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Guildford Station, London Road Station or Shalford Station. Guildford might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Guildford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Guildford gets about 591.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Guildford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Guildford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Guildford?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Guildford?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Guildford?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Guildford?
What's the best high-end hotel in Guildford?
What's the best boutique hotel in Guildford?
Where's the best place to stay in Guildford to absorb the local history?
Guildford Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Guildford by Star Rating
- Hotels near Guildford Airports
- Accommodation near Guildford Attractions
- More accommodation types in Guildford
- Choose Your Guildford Hotel Style
- Search Guildford Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Guildford
- Hotels Near Guildford, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends